Re: 02-03 mustang GT..?

To: "Team.Net List" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 02-03 mustang GT..?
From: Tommy Regan <tommy_regan@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 18:12:15 -0800 (PST)
(Resending 'cause I didn't see it post)

Well, the later model modular cars ('99+) are solid 14.1-14.3 @ 96-99 mph cars
in the 1/4....with
a stick.  That's plenty respectable, but hardly what I'd consider "quick".
That's on par with
your Rx7 (in stock trim, of course) within a few tenths/mph.  Add a slushbox
(bah is right!) and
you can add several tenths and subtract a few mph.

Keep in mind the rear gear in the auto may have been exceptionally weak.  I
_think_ they all come
with 3.27 gears, but maybe they still offer the 3.08 and (puke) the 2.73.  The
more gear for those
cars (especially autos), the better.  3.73 to 4.10 is the norm.

Are they soft?  Well, yeah!  Think of their marketing target.....straightliners
and commuters. :-)
 Fortunately, the aftermarket for Mustangs is second to none.....assuming
you're interested in
modifying it for cheap.

And did I mention that the SOHC cars respond REALLY well to nitrous? ;-)

Mustangs are fun and I've loved mine, but "sports cars" they ain't.

Later,
Tommy
'92 Mustang (SM wannabe)

=====