Re: 02-03 mustang GT..?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 02-03 mustang GT..?
From: "Brian Berryhill" <bikepoet@netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 17:03:36 -0600
> anyone have one of these with an automatic?  Was car shopping for my wife
> the other day, she's always liked mustangs.. so we hop into a brand new GT
> convertible automatic (she doesn't know how to drive yet - insists on

I've driven a 1999 Mustang GT 5sp and it definitely had the torque, but it
didn't seem *that* fast, even with 260hp.  It did feel much faster than the
lower hp 5-sp Stangs I've driven.  I have seen some quarter mile time in the
mid-high 14's for the automatic 260hp models.  And, it drove like it weighed
a lot.

I think the Cobra is a little overkill compared to the GT, but the Mach 1
gives you the nice DOHC setup in 300hp version, with some decent size brake
rotors as well.  I think of it as a DOHC Bullitt.  And, weren't the Bullitts
the Stang to have if you were getting Stanged in FS?

You might consider the 190hp V6... almost as much power as the old 5.0, and
a little cheaper too.

> Sh*tty"... my Rx7 could smoke it in *reverse*.  I blame the transmission -
> it will never touch 1st gear unless you force it there, it seems.  Had

My old 1965 289 Mustang with the Cruise-O-Matic tranny would normally start
out in 2nd gear.  You had to move it to the O with the blue dot to get it to
engage whiney 1st gear.  But, with 500-treadwear touring tires, its a
non-issue.

I hate carbs.

Brian