Re: Event Insurance

To: "autox list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Event Insurance
From: "Loren Williams" <Loren@InvisibleSun.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 22:12:46 -0500
Dan Morency said:

> We use K&K too... There is NO confusion! One car at a time, period.

Dan, you might want to call K&K and get a clarification.  I called Monday
morning.  The gentleman I spoke with knew exactly what I was talking about
when I asked, and made it clear that they had absolutely no problem with us
starting one car before the car on course had finished.  Their only concern
was that we were not "wheel-to-wheel" racing, which we are not.

> I think that you will find that they are about the only insurer
> available if you are not affliiated with SCCA. I think that you
> will also find the SCCA insurance to be much more expensive.
> They charge a fee for each car at the event.

Given the size of our events, I would actually prefer a per-car insurance
fee.  As it is, we pay $196 per autocross event no matter how many cars show
up.  Typically we have 25-30 entrants.  That breaks down to around $7 per
car.  Seems a little steep to me, but K&K does seem to be the biggest (if
not the only) player in this game.

--
Loren Williams  | Loren@InvisibleSun.org
'96 Mazda Miata | http://InvisibleSun.org