Re: Off Topic: Merc Sable Fuel/Ignition Shutoff?

To: "autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Off Topic: Merc Sable Fuel/Ignition Shutoff?
From: "Red Raevyn" <redraevyn@softhome.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 16:34:23 -0500
I'm not sure on the year, but a friend of mine has a Taurus with the same
thing.  I've also heard of them in Explorer's.   It cuts off the fuel pump
when you go 'off-road' (in my friend's case the right wheels went off the
road when she was being sloppy), until you hit a reset switch in the trunk.
I suppose the idea is that you don't want the engine running if you stray
off road or get into some kind of accident, but if you ask me it's simply
another piece of Ford engineering brilliance.

Happily without a domestic car,
Greg Maust