Re: [evolution-disc.] Update Question

To: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>, evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Update Question
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 20:41:24 -0500
At 06:59 PM 3/26/2004 -0500, Mark Andy wrote:

>If the car is updated to _be_ a 2004 model year car, I believe its legal.
>I don't believe that a VIN plate is required.  The shock allowance would
>cover the different valving and I would think C&C would certainly cover
>the decal kit and probably would cover embroidery on the seats.

Mark,

I believe it is against the rules to "present" a Stock class car as being
say a 2002 which has been "converted" to a 2004. I believe the "assumption"
in Stock is that the car year is defined by its VIN and/or registration
and/or manufacturing date/spec label. How else? If legal it would mean that
update/backdate is legal in Stock and we know that it is not. In addition,
it is probably against the law to claim an original 2002 car is "now" a
"2004" because you have updated some or many parts whether or not you
switch VIN tags, labels, etc. Beats me what to do about separate body/frame
cars where both are available as replacement parts either new or from junk
yards and the VIN is attached/stamped to/on one or both (such as Lotus).

Dick