Re: [evolution-disc.] Update Question

To: evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Update Question
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 23:18:52 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, Rocky Entriken wrote:
> Wouldn't "doing enough work that it is indistinguishable from..." have to
> include changing the VIN plate to make it truly indistinguishable?
>
> But then, isn't changing the VIN plate illegal? Fraudulent?
>
> Seems like Catch 22, affirming the rule Alan quoted.
>
> Just an observation from a P guy who doesn't have to worry about such
> things. :-)

So if some vandal breaks in and scratches off all the VIN numbers on your
car (in stock), you can't run there any more?

What's the difference between my "indistinguishable from '04" car and your
'04 car with the VINs scratched off?

Mostly just curious.  If a part is indistinguishable from the stock part,
isn't it pretty much by definition the stock part?

Mark