Re: [evolution-disc.] Update Question

To: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>, evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Update Question
From: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 11:31:15 -0500
--On Friday, March 26, 2004 11:18 PM -0500 Mark Andy
<mark@sccaprepared.com> wrote:
> So if some vandal breaks in and scratches off all the VIN numbers on your
> car (in stock), you can't run there any more?

I think that's probably true, though I admit it's not abundantly clear from
the rules.  You also can't drive the car on the street anymore, though
that's a completely separate issue.

The manufacturer does not consider this a normal configuration of the car,
and so it's not legal.  There is no allowance to cover it (sorta the same
thing as broken taillight lenses).

I feel bad for the poor Z06 drivers...  They had to sell their one year old
cars to get 20 more horsepower, and now they need to sell them again to get
a slightly lighter hood.

Mark