Re: [evolution-disc.] Update Question

To: Smokerbros@aol.com
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Update Question
From: Scott Troyer - TestEng TMR DDR <stroyer@micron.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 11:19:38 -0700
I think the extra 20 HP made a difference on the north course where you were
pushing the upper limits of 2nd gear.  The biggest difference between
the '01
Z06's and the '02-'04 Z06's is between 5500rpm and 6600rpm (rev limit)
where
the '01 tops off and begins to drop off and the '02-'04's keep on going up
right to the rev-limiter.

Of course, the south course in the rain was completely different.

Oh yeah, Do you really need a carbon fiber hood?  No.  The approximately
15 pound weight savings will reduce the front end weight bias, but there are
other ways of doing this.  I wonder if that driver ever considered removing
excess fluids such as windshield washer fluid.  What about lighter wheels?
I think he just did it to be cool which is fine for local events but not
for
National events. I wouldn't buy into comfort and convienence on this either.

Just my opinin...

Scott Troyer
2001 Z06, SS#71