Re: radar detector recommendations - possible evidence for dismissal

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: radar detector recommendations - possible evidence for dismissal
From: "Robert Glover" <rob@f-body.org>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 08:40:55 -0800
From: <SEEEDOOO@aol.com>

> Try not speeding, take some responsibility for your actions.
> Wayne Presley

Wayne:

I have another idea.  Why don't you become educated on the fact that speed
enforcement has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with traffic safety, and EVERYTHING
to do with revenue generation...

Anybody who believes for one second that the cops who perform traffic
enforcement are out to protect the public are terribly misinformed.  They
are NOT our friends.  They exist to advance their careers by harrassing
others and writing lots of tickets.  This generates lots of revenue for
their jurisdiction, and despite their claims to the contrary, are used to
measure job performance.  So yes, there IS a quota system in place.  It's
just handled differently than when it was blatantly obvious.

Speed limits exist because of society's inability (or perhaps lack of
desire) to take responsibility for their own actions.  If people would do
that, we wouldn't NEED arbitrary, numerical speed limits.  We'd be like
Montana WAS... reasonable and prudent.  But even Montana had to do away with
it.  Why?  Mainly because the cops couldn't deal with it.  Different
officers had different OPINIONS on what Reasonable and Prudent meant, and
people complained.  Driving 95 mph on an open highway might not attract
attention from one cop, but would get you ticketed by another.  And
re-training the police to a new system like that just wasn't feasible I
guess, even though there are only something like 27 total members of
Montana's state patrol.

Tell me something... while you're out there NOT speeding, can I assume that
you're staying to the RIGHT, out of everybody else's way?  Or are you one of
the one who runs 65 mph in the left lane and says to hell with everybody
else?

Rob