Re: radar detector recommendations - possible evidence for dismissal

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: radar detector recommendations - possible evidence for dismissal
From: "Robert Glover" <rob@f-body.org>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 22:52:39 -0800
From: <SEEEDOOO@aol.com>

> Lighten up, by his own admission he was speeding,  "I got a lame ticket
two
> minutes into my commute home yesturday on Great
> America Parkway...55 in a 40. I pulled out in front of traffic and was
tagged
> by radar..it was not a sustained 55 speed more like the top of 2nd getting
> into 3rd and then slow down to 47ish..but he tagged me right at the top of
> 2nd." Bob's quote.
>
> And Rob, you are here l to enlighten people with the ticket quota? Are you
> really saying that Bob was picked on to fill a quota when he was traveling
> 15mph (37.5%) over the speed limit? Just when was the last time you were
out
> on the freeway doing 85 in a 70 and had a cop pass you and do nothing?
What
> do you suggest Bob's defense will be? "your honor, I was not speeding."
And
> the judge would ask back, "then what were you doing to attract the
attention
> of the police officer?"
> Wayne Presley

The speed limit itself is irrelevant.  I know that road, and 40 mph on it is
absolutely ridiculous, and is likely set that way to generate revenue.  Of
course he was "speeding" (which for the sake of this discussion means going
faster than the arbitrary number on the sign).

Bob's two best ways out of the ticket are to prove that the radar gun isn't
up to spec, or that the traffic survey is defective.  To find the best exact
steps, I suggest he join the National Motorists Association
(www.motorsts.org), since they spend all their time fighting this kind of
crap.

Rob