RE: Re Larry and: Oakland lives!

To: "INTERNET:Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Re Larry and: Oakland lives!
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 11:36:29 -0500

Message text written by INTERNET:Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com

"It is more to the point that the course design is under our control and
the
surface isn't.  As for technical difficulty, there was quite a bit of it in
the
course design.  Hitting the entry point into the 'B' pillar left was
critical.
Taking the smooth line through the kink and around that whole left sweeper
sequence was important.  Picking the right exit line from the middle right
hander to set up the chicane straight made a huge difference.  And I saw
several
cars in the second and third run groups drop SECONDS as they tried to back
and
fill their way through the finish.  If you set that sequence up correctly,
it
was a very fast three cone slalom instead.

KeS"

AMEN.

Even yesterday's course on Mather's concrete was eight (8) feet wide,
despite the lines being 25 to 30 feet apart. "Marbles" always develop on
the outside of corners. Sometimes it's used rubber; sometimes its the
pebbly stuff at Oakland. I will agree concrete does tend to stay a little
cleaner. However, I always prefer to run AFTER the Corvettes as they create
a bigger swath.
        So drive accordingly.

--John Kelly

--John Kelly