Re: Reg Cards (RE: Thank God for Schedule Conflicts)

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Reg Cards (RE: Thank God for Schedule Conflicts)
From: "Kristi A. Soo Hoo" <ksoohoo@iresults.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 14:05:00 -0800
Hi All - Regarding Carl's suggestion below.  My gut reaction is NO WAY!!  It
would be nice to be able to have the reg cards printed and nice and neat for
everyone, but the below leaves the door way too wide open.  Having the time
cards on card stock i am sure is super important for the trailer folk - easy
handling and consistency make things less confusing.  If we did open this up, it
would not take a rocket scientist to print their own reg card, intial it and
turn it in w/out paying.  Imagine the $$$ people could save not paying for
events.

As for the pen issue - let me see...I don't think I have been to a single
Autocross where I have not needed a pen for filling out a registration card.  If
we can remember all the important things for our cars - Air, Oil, water, gas,
jack, torque, gloves, shoes, numbers, etc. why can we not remember a pen?  We
don't always need all of the above but we ALWAYS NEED A PEN!!!

Honestly, though - I would love to be able to provide everyone with a pen when
they come to registration, but that is not possible.  Please plan ahead - bring
a pen, arrive in time to register and fill out your card.  I know sometimes the
line is long, but I am working hard to move everyone through.  This past weekend
I lost all of the pens for registration except one.  Can you imagine how hard it
is to register people with only one pen?!

We do our best to make things move along, answer rookie questions and make
people feel somewhat welcome (ok, i'm not always that pleasant...).  Please,
when you are planning for an event - just plan time to register and to do the
"administrative stuff."  If you think we can run things better - I invite you to
NOT respond to this e-mail, but to sign up to run registration at Stockton on
Sunday April 2 and I would LOVE to see you run the table ALONE.

Cheers!
:)kristi

PS- This is not meant to be a nasty e-mail and please do not take offense.  Just
some suggestions to make the events smoother for everyone.

--
Kristi A. Soo Hoo
Idea Integration

-- Dogs leave paw prints on the souls of those who love them. --
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.