RE: Reg Cards (RE: Thank God for Schedule Conflicts)

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Reg Cards (RE: Thank God for Schedule Conflicts)
From: Carl Merritt <cmerritt@ati.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 15:04:06 -0800
> Hi All - Regarding Carl's suggestion below.  My gut reaction
> is NO WAY!!
> cards on card stock i am sure is super important for the
> trailer folk

Yeah, I was wondering if somebody was going to point that out.  I could
certainly understand the card sorter having all sorts of trouble with a
8.5x11 page folded in half, compared to the normal card stock.

> If we did open this up, it
> would not take a rocket scientist to print their own reg
> card, intial it and
> turn it in w/out paying.  Imagine the $$$ people could save
> not paying for events.

Well, it ain't rocket science now either actually.  I assume the cards are
checked for proper signatures on the reg and tech sides when the times are
complied post-event?  Is that not enough?

> As for the pen issue - let me see...

*I* was kidding about the pens, I always bring several, primarily because it
seems some of my ClubZ cohorts-in-crime were somehow able to buy a $35K
sports car but can't afford their own darn pen ;).

> Can you
> imagine how hard it
> is to register people with only one pen?!

Doesn't sound like a pretty picture at all, no.

> PS- This is not meant to be a nasty e-mail and please do not
> take offense.

Not at all, none taken, I'm just trying to figure out how best to stream
line things.  The suggestions of pre-printed stickers for all info but class
and car number makes a lot of sense.

Now, what about Bill's suggestion that got drowned out in the fray?  A
"Don't mail me the results, online access is good enough for me, unless I
come in first in which case I want my little checkered flag thingy" check
box?  Would that save Pat enough time to be worth it?

-Carl