Re: Mid-engine questions

To: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@idsfa.net>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mid-engine questions
From: James Creasy <jcre@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 16:00:55 -0700
you could get an FFR roadster.  inexpensive to buy/fix/operate.  2100lbs,
250 hp/300lb ft, upgradable cheaply to 500hp, engine two feet behind front
axle so really a mid engine.  tube frame, fully streetable (driven mine to
LA several times, also autoxed and drove to opera the next day- didnt even
change tire pressures), 23 MPG.  legal in AP (or locally OSP) even with a
blower.  good resale value, low insurance costs, easy on the eyes.
www.factoryfive.com

SP cars can really drain the wallet and arent (in my experience) suitable
for daily driver duties when prepped out.  my rx7 was great, but i took a
$2000 car, spent another $4000 on it and had a $2000 car when i was done,
plus there was no way i could drive it on the street.

miatas are awesome, but lack V8 grunt.  the elise?  bring it on! :)

YMMV,

-James Creasy
*** Nationals Party 15 September - 8PM Club Mallard, Albany ***