RE: More Nationals update... post Wednesday banquet

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: More Nationals update... post Wednesday banquet
From: Josh Sirota <jss@marimba.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 04:57:21 -0700
Katie wrote:
> Good work, Agent Madams. Please give us full coverage of the talent show,
> especially. This is the part I miss the most. I was working on this Tammy
> Wynette "Stand By Your Man" number and everything. In fact, truth be told,
> that's the true reason why I didn't go to Nationals this year. I get stage
> fright like you wouldn't believe. And I can't really sing. It would be
> awful.

Katie,

The talent show last night was fairly typical, though no food was served so
the turnout was smaller.

Your "Stand By Your Man" routine probably would have been less awful than
the "Dixie Chickens" act (the Little Feat song), sung by Paula Whitney,
Ginna Blair, and Danielle Engstrom without music.  It was, ummm, okay, let's
just say it came in DFL (by far).  Fortunately for all three, they
participated in other acts that actually demonstrated talent!

If anyone wonders why women start making a routine out of offering Roger
Johnson their sandals, let me know and I'll fill you in.  We have yet
another make-fun-of-Roger thing now that was totally spontaneous and its
things like these that make the talent show so fun.

Generally it was full of far more "talent" acts than we usually see, and
voting for the winner was tough.  Danielle and GH Sharp won (trips to the
Derek Daly driving school) after a piano/violin duet.  I personally think
that GInna Blair should have won, followed by Mari Clements and John
Lieberman.  All were musical acts.

Josh

PS: I switched from F125 to SS and co-drove with Jeff Reitmeir in Dan
Maloney's M Coupe.  I'm in a tie for 37th (but only 2 seconds out of 2nd
place)!  Wish me luck this morning.