Re: New Slush Series Rules

To: <Smokerbros@aol.com>, <gemohler@www.speedtoys.com>, <brooks@frnk.com>
Subject: Re: New Slush Series Rules
From: "Debbie Cunningham" <bartsmom@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 17:32:06 -0700
Yes, Charlie...You are right.  I haven't run an SFR event since the school.
I tend to gravitate towards Sac Chapter and NASA events in Sacramento and
Marina.  I have also had quite a busy summer and realized that I would not
be able to attend enough SFR events to qualify for a trophy (sorry, but that
is important to me).  I do not have time to autocross every weekend.  I
thought that I would attend the Slush Series Events so that I could at least
compete.  Not to mention that I was looking forward to driving my AWD in the
rain.

That does not mean that I am into "one night stands" or that I am not
"serious" about autocrossing (whatever that means).  I seriously love
autocrossing and have attended numerous events of all clubs over the last 2
seasons.  I plan to continue to do so.  Since the SFR region is wanting to
decrease turnout, I will volunteer to skip the Slush Series.  At this point,
I would volunteer even if the new rules had not already "volunteered" me.

I also tend to gravitate towards the Sac and NASA events because I get way
more seat time and way less judgement for not attending every weekend.  Say
anything you want about NASA, but the last event I attended, I got 5 runs
and so many fun runs that I had to quit before my tires did.  Besides, how
can you argue with carrot cake?? ;~)

I apologize in advance if  the tone of this email or my prior email raised
some hackles.  I am donning my flameproof suit, fully expecting more cries
of "whiner" and "fly by night" and "slacker".  I am simply expressing my
disappointment at not being able to do something that I had planned on all
summer.  And I suppose that I was thinking that the club might have come out
with the new rules sooner.  (But then that would not have accomplished the
desired result...)

At this point, I am no longer interested.  Perhaps I will catch you all next
year when the problems and the attitudes get ironed out.  I had a lot of fun
in the "few" events that I attended.  Most everybody that I have encountered
has been very helpful and friendly.  Thanks a lot!  I hope that I will be
welcomed at future events, once I have "paid my dues".

Regards,
Debbie
'95 Eagle Talon TSi AWD