Re: Driving Simulators

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Driving Simulators
From: Jesus Villarreal <jesvilla@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 17:15:20 -0800
Thana, Peter {High~Palo Alto} wrote:

> -The dynamics in GT2 are not completely realistic.  High speed stability is
>greatly exaggerated. -On a real car, you don't have the >entire range of
>steering lock within less than 1 inch of wheel travel

Isn't there some kind of setting where you can change that?? I thought
that when you set it up you could make the steering slower or quicker,
depending on how you wanted it.

> Anyone up for a little GT2 Challenge?  Come on, you know you can beat 1:14.9
> at Rome Night in a Cerbera LM:)
>
> Peter

I'm sure Andy McK., or Brian H. will answer that challenge in due time.
I've been practicing with a pseudo CP SVT-Mustang at Seattle's long
course, 1:26.460, best time so far, I'm getting my clock cleaned by my
kid, he's at 1:25.0xx, same car/same settings. OK, on to Rome/night with
the Cerbera LM.

Jesus
P.S. these simulators do help in teaching you what lines to take, the
smoother you take the turns, the faster you will go, simulated or real.