Re: Koni shock question

To: atabacco@california.com
Subject: Re: Koni shock question
From: Larrybsp@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 14:16:07 EST
from:larrybsp@aol.cxom (Larry Stark)

                 Tony,
                    A word of caution about Bilsteins. Their competition
shocks are very
aggressive in jounce and rebound damping. Good for a race track, not the
street or an autocross. I switched from Bilsteins to Koni's because I
couldn't keep my tires on the ground on anything but a dead smooth autocross
course. The Bilstein rebound control is too stiff. There was a big difference
I could feel after I made the switch. The Koni's being softer were more
compliant, kept the rubber on the road and made the car more drivable. As an
aside I'm now using the Koni's on road race courses and they work fine
everywhere but at turn one at Laguna. I don't think even my Bilsteins
have enough rebound control there. FWIW.

                                                                  Larry