Re: RE: Koni shock question

To: kitwetzler@mindspring.com, kkelly@spss.com, kmeline@iscribe.com,
Subject: Re: RE: Koni shock question
From: James Creasy <black94pgt@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 15:08:03 -0800
i had a lot more experience at the 'big track' than autox for a long time,
and it made me slow in some ways.

my rx7 had a rev limiter buzzer, and i would always hit it sooner and more
often than my co-driver, meaning i was getting higher maximum speeds on the
autox course, yet i would be 1 second or more slower overall.  there are a
lot more straights even at tight tracks like sear's point, and maximum exit
speed is very important.  in autox its all a bunch of linked turns, and what
you have to give up to get exit speed hurts your overall time too much.

also in autox you have to be comfortable driving at 9/10s (and sometimes
11/10's) while on the big track, 8/10's is plenty aggressive and possibly
expensive =)

YMMV,

-james