Re: ? Re: seeking oil filter and tire info

To: James Creasy <black94pgt@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: ? Re: seeking oil filter and tire info
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrc01@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 11:03:22 -0800
Losing compression isn't all that bad as long as it's even across
the cylinders. My trusty old Civic doesn't have the compression
it used to have and has lost much of what little power it once
did have, but it still runs good, gets good mileage and it
doesn't burn oil (yet). It's tired but not dead, and that
probably describes just about any engine in the 6-figure mileage
range.

On a performance car (and on motorbikes), I do care about
compression loss and that's why I use synth oil. It definitely
made a difference on motorbikes so it seems reasonable to assume
that it would help on car engines too.

--
Michael R. Clements
mrc01@flash.net