Re: Curse of the Boondoggle?

To: Giles Douglas <giles@vy.com>
Subject: Re: Curse of the Boondoggle?
From: Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 20:07:41 -0800
Giles,
        I thought I hit a cone on my last run, but it wasn't marked down.
Sometimes that sort of thing happens. I saw another car DNF and it
wasn't noted on the card. These things happen. It's not National at
Topeka, nor a Divisional or a National Tour. It was our FIRST event of
the season which is always huge in size. We're all still learning, not
only to drive faster, but to run an event better. We strive for
perfection, but rarely achieve it.
        Each event is another opportunity to improve, in all ways. It's odd
that we can be so unforgiving over a second of time on our card. I bet
at our next event, at Candlestick in three weeks, we'll be a lot better.
        Be sure to bring your membership cards and write the member # on your
entry card...
--Pat Kelly