Re: Trailer crew in 3rd heat

To: Darren Madams <darren@madams.com>
Subject: Re: Trailer crew in 3rd heat
From: Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 12:12:21 -0800
A few thoughts:
Darren said:  also have their numbers on their helmets.
I say:
        I bet the problem with T&S is knowing where to look. Usually the side
door is the place, or where a door should be...but helmets? I wouldn't
think to look there for numbers. Now that T&S knows to look at the
helmets, too, maybe things will be smoother next time, as they did at nationals.

 If not, maybe we should adjust
> the run groups a little so that the current experienced people aren't
> grouped together (if that's possible)
Do you think 'experience" T&S folks will want to come back into the
motorhome after all the complaints? :)

> Numbers should definitely be a tech item.  But... that means tech needs
> to have paper, pens, tape, or whatever available to get it fixed then
> and there.

        Unfortunately, the paper numbers disappeared from registration. I'm
hoping they can reappear for Round 2. They are much better than tape.

> Perhaps we could buy a few sets of magnetic numbers from Solotime in various
> colors just for rookie use.  Of course, the problem there is making sure
> they get returned, but I'm sure we could write "Property of SFR SCCA" on
> them in permanent pen or something.

        Heck, we've already got one of our new helmets missing in action. I
don't think so, even if they're marked "stolen from SCCA-SFR."
        And while we're talking about numbers, car should also display what
class they're running in. Not only to help T&S but also to let your
competitors know who you are!
--Pat Kelly