Teeming hordes, etc.

To: BA-AUTOX@autox.team.net,
Subject: Teeming hordes, etc.
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 12:31:28 -0500

Message text written by "Craig Haggart, Accelerator Ops"

"Why the attitude? "

Glad you asked.
All these ideas and requests mean MORE work for our various volunteers.
That's why there is resistance. People will not run out and do great things
because you sat down at a keyboard and rambled.

        If you would like to become a leader in the program, then you can
gently prod some of your great ideas into happening. In fact, if you agree
to chair whatever activity you propose, you may find support. Then again
you may find yourself standing alone! Be prepared for rejection. Just don't
take it personal. And you MUST be preopared to devote considerable time to
making it all happen, including attending meetings where sometimes nothing
is accomplished but nothing gets shot down.

        We have a very large Solo II program on our plate. I suspect we do
more Solo II events (22-25 events/year) than any other region or
independent club in the country. We do not have people leaping from the
rooftops to chair every event. Just running our Solo II program is a major
effort for volunteers.

--John Kelly