Teeming hordes, etc.

To: BA-AUTOX@autox.team.net
Subject: Teeming hordes, etc.
From: "Craig Haggart, Accelerator Ops" <haggart@SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 12:01:58 -0800 (PST)
Jeez, what's the deal with people being so defensive about the
status quo?  Someone asked about adding a second autocross
school to the annual schedule, someone else pointed out the
difficulties with doing that, and I threw out a few potential
ideas that might address some of those particular difficulties.
Why the attitude?  Making suggestions and trying to "think
outside the box" are just ways to try to make things better,
not to throw stones.  Or do you think that everything is as
perfect as it can be, that there's no way to make anything any
better?

>From the discussion, it appears that nobody has ever asked the
following specific questions, so I'm going to be bold and ask
them myself:

1) Would you ever consider instructing on a non-weekend day,
   or is it completely out of the question for you under all
   conceivable circumstances?

2) Is there anything that you'd like to see the club provide
   in return for your effort and participation?  You're likely
   to be pretty familiar with the organization, so you're also
   presumably aware of the limitations (e.g., no wads of $50
   bills).  Would you appreciate a "free pass" to an event?
   Would track time credit at Thunderhill be appreciated?
   Anything?

If you'd like to comment but you prefer anonymity, please feel
free to e-mail me directly and I'll summarize to the list.  Be
assured that I will hold all such responses in the strictest
confidence.

And PLEASE don't rag on me for asking.  If you don't ask, you
don't learn.

--
-Craig Haggart
 haggart@slac.stanford.edu