RE: NASA events this past weekend

To: "'Navid Kahangi'" <navid@interwoven.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: NASA events this past weekend
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 11:33:45 -0800
Navid writes...

>He is going to let me use my raw times since I hit that  &%$@#
>cone in every run.  :)

You hit the same TWO cones on every run. Somehow, Jim and I, in the same
size car, avoided them. That happened to be the most crucial turn of the
course. Time was gained or lost there. You gained it, by CUTTING THE CORNER.

Navid, Navid, Navid. The sport of autocross is one part artistry, one part
skill, and one part intelligence. If you hit the same two cones on all your
runs, well, need I go on?

But the rest of the course, you drove exceedingly well. I was watching you
charge out of the turns (before the monsoon), barely lifting in that sweeper
before the finish, wondering, HOW THE HECK am I going to do that? He's NUTS!
And then I thought, Oh wait. He nailed the same two cones again. I don't
have to worry about it.

Katie