RE: NASA events this past weekend

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: NASA events this past weekend
From: "Navid Kahangi" <navid@interwoven.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 14:46:30 -0800
Katie "Chevron attendant magnet" Kelly writes...

> Navid writes...
>
> >He is going to let me use my raw times since I hit that  &%$@#
> >cone in every run.  :)
>
> You hit the same TWO cones on every run. Somehow, Jim and I, in the same
> size car, avoided them. That happened to be the most crucial turn of the
> course. Time was gained or lost there. You gained it, by CUTTING
> THE CORNER.

Maybe you are not familiar with different models of M3s yet.  My car is a
'95 and it's about a cone-width wider than Jim's.

> Navid, Navid, Navid. The sport of autocross is one part artistry, one part
> skill, and one part intelligence. If you hit the same two cones
> on all your
> runs, well, need I go on?

You are missing a little piece of information here.  It wasn't until after
my 3rd run that I found out which cones I was hitting.  After every run,
Jack would hand me my timing slip and say +2.  He probably thought I was
loosing it after my 3rd run:  "+2? WHAT +2?  AGAIN?  I didn't hear anything!
I didn't even come close to anything!!!".  And then the monsoon started.  I
guess it wasn't my day :(.

> But the rest of the course, you drove exceedingly well. I was watching you
> charge out of the turns (before the monsoon), barely lifting in
> that sweeper
> before the finish, wondering, HOW THE HECK am I going to do that?
> He's NUTS!
> And then I thought, Oh wait. He nailed the same two cones again. I don't
> have to worry about it.
>
> Katie

Thanks for the compliment (I think)!  That was a good M3 course and I think
we were all doing well before the rain came.  Far cry from what we did at
3Com!!!

--Navid