Painting Rims

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Painting Rims
From: "Jeremy Rine" <geratol@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 23:07:57
I picked up a set of rims for AutoXing and I really want to paint them flat
black (I don't like the white rims on a black car).  I been trying to find
an approperate spray paint because it would be the cheapest method and I
don't need a show room look.  So far I have tried a high temp flat black
paint but it still seems to chip off easily.  I even sanded the rim to give
a better adhering surface.  Powder coating is an option but I have heard
concierns from several people about the heating process of powder coating
weakening aluminum rims.  If I did decide to powder coat prices have been
quoted at $50 a wheel.

In summary, does anyone know a good spray paint for rims or a shop to paint
them for under $50 (I'm hoping around $25).