Re: Stock Classes

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stock Classes
From: David Rowney <daver@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 12:42:14 -0700
At 11:46 AM 7/9/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>So just run shocks than anyone could buy themselves for a
>reasonable amount of money, and there will be no risk of them getting
>claimed!

There will always be a risk of a driver using the claim rule to harass a
quicker driver out of the class, regardless of the shocks used.  Are you
volunteering to be the enforcer for this rule? You will be in charge of
IMPOUNDING every stock class car immediately after their last run to allow
people to play this game, and then maybe telling one or more drivers that
you will disqualify them unless they spend the next x hours taking apart
their daily driver and getting it towed home.

Personally, I'm in favor of the current Stock Class shock rule with these
exceptions: No remote reservoir shocks (easily checked) unless this type
was OEM.  Allow only ONE external adjustment device on a shock (regardless
of what it does to the insides of the shock). Provide sufficient allowance
for all model cars to actually adjust shocks without disassembly.  Anyone
who spends much more than $2000 under these rules is not buying an
advantage that I think is significant.

I also advocate use of OEM wheels and stock front sway bars in Stock.

Dave