Re: Stock Classes

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stock Classes
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 17:11:26 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, David  Rowney wrote:
> >So just run shocks than anyone could buy themselves for a
> >reasonable amount of money, and there will be no risk of them getting
> >claimed!
>
> There will always be a risk of a driver using the claim rule to harass a
> quicker driver out of the class, regardless of the shocks used.  Are you
> volunteering to be the enforcer for this rule? You will be in charge of
> IMPOUNDING every stock class car immediately after their last run to allow
> people to play this game, and then maybe telling one or more drivers that
> you will disqualify them unless they spend the next x hours taking apart
> their daily driver and getting it towed home.

Impound already happens at every event where I'd consider a shock claiming
rule.

The harrasment part can be dealt with by something similar to a protest
committee that disallows the claim because it was unfounded or whatever
(i.e. if its the 2nd time that person claimed the shocks, etc.)

> Personally, I'm in favor of the current Stock Class shock rule with these
> exceptions: No remote reservoir shocks (easily checked) unless this type
> was OEM.  Allow only ONE external adjustment device on a shock (regardless
> of what it does to the insides of the shock). Provide sufficient allowance
> for all model cars to actually adjust shocks without disassembly.  Anyone
> who spends much more than $2000 under these rules is not buying an
> advantage that I think is significant.

I could go for that, except that you'd piss off a _hell_ of a lot of folks
that already have double adjustables.  I'd say two external adjustments at
a minimum unless you did some sorta grandfather thing (which would be a
huge mess).

Mark