Re: Stock Classes (was: Cheap Gas)

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Subject: Re: Stock Classes (was: Cheap Gas)
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@idsfa.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 13:15:48 -0700
On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 12:34:52PM -0700, Kelly, Katie wrote:
> ABS is the kiss of death in Miatas.
>
> If you were WISE, you wouldn't have gotten a car with ABS, John, and you
> wouldn't have to spend any more money. Now, there is no help for you. :)
>
> Katie

Hey now, no Miata trash talk from you until Lucy comes back out to
play! ;)

(explanation to Bryan: I wanted a new Miata, and ABS and its
prerequisites are what put me over the $20,000 mark -- ie, if I hadn't
made concessions to everyday comfort and safety, I'd be under your
limit -- but still concerned about how much people are spending on
shocks on cars similar to mine)

David, that is a position I can get behind...similar to Charlie's.
How to limit the cost of stock class modifications is a hairy problem,
and a claim rule would be a hairy solution -- but a non-hairy solution
would be even better.
--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94