Re: Stock Classes (was: Cheap Gas)

To: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stock Classes (was: Cheap Gas)
From: "Donald R McKenna" <donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 14:21:21 -0700
Mark J. Andy wrote:

>MHO, but I think for anyone other than the top eschelon drivers, spending
>more than the cost of Koni Sports (~$600 for most cars i think) is just
>peeing in the wind.  I think the difference between the shocks is
>something that you won't be able to detect until you're trophying in stock
>classes at National events.

Last Summer I replaced my Koni Sports with JRZ doubles and, COULD tell the
difference! However, after returning from Nationals, where we finished 15th
and 16th (and, incidentally, there were 14 trophy positions in the class),
my wife asked me if the "$5000" (round figure) shocks were worth it. My
answer: No, they were only worth about $500.

Some times you just can't get a good deal :-)

        Don