RE: Hot Stock Cars in 2002

To: "'Grantz, Sherry'" <Sherry.Grantz@Aspect.com>,
Subject: RE: Hot Stock Cars in 2002
From: "Thana, Peter {High~Palo Alto}" <PETER.THANA@ROCHE.COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 11:05:09 -0700
As it's currently written, I'd have to say:

SS:  Duh...

AS:  Boxster S, C4 Vette

BS:  Boxster

CS:  M2 Miata Sport, MR2 Spyder

DS:  E30 BMW M3

ES:  2nd gen MR2, 1.6 Miata

FS:  Camaro, Firebird

GS:  '91 BMW 318is, Celica ST/GT, '85-'87 CRX Si

HS:  Mercedes C Class Sports Coupe

That last one is probably not going to beat those lightweight Civics, but it
does look intriguing on paper.  192hp, 200lb-ft flat from 2500-4800rpm, RWD,
6 spd manual, 16x7 wheels, good brakes, it all looks great until you get to
the 3300lb figure.  Plus it has an open diff and that Brake Assist feature
sounds very scary.  I only picked it because I don't think the SEB pays any
attention to Merecedes, and one of these days someone is going find a hidden
ringer in one of them.

Peter