Re: Hot Stock Cars in 2002

To: black94pgt@pacbell.net, Smokerbros@aol.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hot Stock Cars in 2002
From: Dougie360@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 12:52:01 EDT
<< awesome, my probe has a shot again at GS.  the 'viggen' i thought went
 'wiggen' with torque steer galore.

okay, have to jump in and defend my beloved Viggen.  It's not really "torque
steer" or else the car would consistently pull to one side.  It's really an
issue of too much HP and the front drive wheels contacting at different times
on uneven pavement at lower speeds.

Personnally, I don't think you can have too much HP.   And the "torque steer"
effect decreased once I ditched the crappy OEM Dunlop 2000's for Bridgestone
S-02 Pole Positions.

The torque and HP on the car are great.  Virtually ZERO turbo lag.  "Torque
Steer" hasn't been a factor in autoX, just my lack of driving skill and
proper throttle management.

Doug Louie
GS-N
9-3 SAAB Viggen