Re: Solo II Board Hypocrasy

To: <Larrybsp@aol.com>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Solo II Board Hypocrasy
From: "Bryan Heitkotter" <bryan64@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:37:32 -0700
> Unless I've missed a big rule change SP cars are
> allowed to remove smog equipment although it is
> illegal under federal law and most state law. If you
> remove the smog equipment you are going to have
> to trailer your car. Here is a rule that forces a
> competitor, especially a California competitor, to
> tow their car. A legal street car is at distinct
> disadvantage over a smog free towed car

This is one reason I've often wondered why they call it "Street" Prepared.
Under current rules there is no place for a streetable yet modified 2-seater
(not all us young guys are tuning HondAcuras and DSMs, y'know! :) .  Last I
heard Street Mod 2 is somewhere between "good idea" and a regional test
class.  SCCA could do one better with a Street Touring 2-seater class as
well.

Bah humbug. :)

Bryan Heitkotter
87 MR2 - http://move.to/theMR2