Dirt bagging smokers and spewers

To: "Allendorfer, Mike" <mwa96imp@regionofdoom.com>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dirt bagging smokers and spewers
From: "Rich Urschel" <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 19:40:24 -0700
First "Allendorfer, Mike" tells us:
> Guess why our younger generation is turned off to politics.

And now he shares these caustic and misinformed words:
>...Car & Driver speculated that the State of Calif. could chase down every
dirt-bag
> driving a 60s era junker spewing smoke and smog and give them the pink
slip
> and keys to a new Cadillac and come out ahead of the millions that they
are
> spending on the electric car subsidies

The State of California made 25 year old cars exempt from smog inspections
because there aren't enough of them being driven enough miles to be making
more than a collectively trivial contribution to air pollution. In fact the
only real
debate was whether the State should give up the fees from the smog
certificates,
which they did. It is also, by the way, illegal to drive a smoking car on
the
streets, and there is a number to call to report one. You could look it up.

Respectfully,
Your fellow dirt bag who would immediately hand the keys of a free Cadillac
to an auto
broker, and who thinks the State of California should stop wasting tax payer
money
by repeatedly offering to buy my 1967 Lotus Elan for $15,700.00 less than
it's
fair market value.