Re: Thanks and course feedback from Nov. 4

To: Randy Noll <rnoll98@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Thanks and course feedback from Nov. 4
From: James Creasy <black94pgt@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 09:21:17 -0800
hi randy,

when people say a course was 'too tight' it often means different things.
ive come to think that i has more to do with the flow of the course than the
actual width or speed of the course.  what makes for good 'flow' is a little
mysterious, but it has something to do with the pacing of the fast and slow
parts, wide and narrow sections.

i really liked several parts of your course... one was the slalom that
opened up a bit at the end leading to the long straight.  also the sweeper
at the end of the straight was quite subtle... i never got it quite right.
the left hand turn before that slalom required considerable discipline that
few had.  i watched vic in his datsun be perfectly controlled there- taking
a direct line into the slalom.  was that corner 'too tight'?  of course not,
there was plenty of room if you didnt mind going slow, but you had to have
the guts to slow your car way down there and find the quick line.

-james
OSP #74