Re: Thanks and course feedback from Nov. 4

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Thanks and course feedback from Nov. 4
From: "Clifford Richardson" <the_brain7@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 11:15:16 -0800
I didn't like the course at first.

I walked the course three times. I walked it before it was lined and was
confused. I thought the placement of the cones were quite misleading. The
second time, I tried to ignore the 'devious' cones and memorize the course.
Finally, the third time was with the Novice course walk where Randy
confirmed my suspicions. He wanted to trick us all!!!

Well, all that course-walking must've paid off 'cause according to my fav'
competition, cough*Jake, I won my class! Of course, I won't let it get to my
head (yeh, right). It was only by a tenth of a second. I know I scrubbed off
a lot of speed at the end of the sweeper plus I never got the transition out
of the S into the first slalom quite right. Those should've been good for at
least 2 secs. Plus I was on street tires...

In the end, I thought the course was a lot of fun. I think I got closer to
my car's handling limits than ever before. I'll admit that if I hadn't
walked the course, I would've complained more. If I hadn't walked the
course, I would've hated it. So I guess you can't emphasize course-walking
enough. Randy, if you can duplicate the challenges in this course in your
future designs, you will be my favorite course-designer. It helped me win!
:-)

I only have one complaint, the same I have every time I come out to GGF: the
course was too short!!! :-)

-Arnold
"Gee, Brain. What are we going to do tonight?"
"Same thing we do every night, Pinky. Try and take over the world!"