RE: 02 Pax

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net, "Corey Smith" <smythe@abac.com>
Subject: RE: 02 Pax
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 19:55:20 -0500
Now you guys are beginning to realize WHY I dislike all forms of index in
the first place.
 If you tell me you're going to take MY time and put it through this magic
"black" or "industrial gray" box and it's going to benefit me, I just don't
believe you.
Heads up competition is the way to go. The cars are already split into
classes and this in itself is already an index.
Otherwise, a better way to go is with an individual handicap like golf does
it.

In another time I recall a guy telling me he'd arranged for my car to be
moved to a different class as a benefit to me. What he wasn't saying was
that I was beating him at every event and he used his committee position to
get rid of me!
        In theory his car was faster than mine. The problem was he wasn't.

--John Kelly