RE: Peace on Earth? Was Re: Sunday drama

To: "'Scot Zediker'" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Peace on Earth? Was Re: Sunday drama
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 07:20:51 -0800
Scot said:

> What happened to freedom of speech in this country?

I don't expect to see our government cracking down on the Chronicle for
printing it, or tracking down the author for writing it.

Freedom of speech only means the government won't come after somebody...
it doesn't pertain to private individuals who are equally free to
disagree with or criticize whatever one says. And it doesn't protect
anybody from the personal consequences of saying something unpopular,
stupid or offensive. As many know, I speak from experience!