SCCA Solo2 Classes; Street Classes

To: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Subject: SCCA Solo2 Classes; Street Classes
From: "Jerry Mouton" <jerry@moutons.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 18:18:35 -0800
I guess I couldn't figure any other reason that the
Street Prepared category was limited to no
modification that would not be allowed in Prep.
Modifications from Stock were toward race
prepared cars.  Getting the Street Classes in
was hard because of that bias.  And people have
always modified their street cars in ways that were
not compatible with Race Preparation.  Those
cars were excluded.  Street Classes gives people
who do that  -- the whole "European Car" Magazine
crowd, for example -- a way to compete reasonably,
rather than against formula cars or specials.

Jerry

Jerry Mouton                              "Laissez les bons temps rouler!"