Re:SCCA Solo2 Classes; Street Classes

To: jerry@moutons.org, "Richard Urschel" <osp13@mybluelight.com>
Subject: Re:SCCA Solo2 Classes; Street Classes
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 00:25:26 -0500

Message text written by "Richard Urschel"

"Prepared rules carry into the individual car
listings where limits on wheel size, weight, and (formerly) carburetion can
be much more restricted
for some cars than in Street Prepared. Eg., to move
a Lotus 7A from ASP to DP you must increase the
weight to 141% of it's original production weight."

Rich,
        You've raised an interesting point. We hadn't thought about ASP for
the Lotus 7A. We can install the stock head and cam, which we have. We can
remove the close-ratio gearbox and put the stock one back in along with the
whole drive train which still sits in my garage. As the close ratio box
weighes 43 pounds more than the stocker, I see that as a positive. The rear
axle leaks a lot but folks won't mind, will they? <G> Mostly it lubricates
the rear brakes.
        And since Street Prepared cars are not weighed and we can utilize
wider rims we will be able to put together an interesting package which
won't be too much down on power compared to the existing set up. And the
weight will be close to the PCS listing.
        And then we will listen to the ASP drivers howl about us. That's
guaranteed. <G>

--John Kelly