Re: The hardest autox skill?

To: "Joe Ciarcia" <veloimpreza@yahoo.com>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The hardest autox skill?
From: "James Creasy" <james@thevenom.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 18:28:28 -0800
ok, more of james's controversial advice:

left foot braking might be theoretically better but i dont like it for two
reasons:

1. it makes braking seem more important than it is so most left foot brakers
over brake all the time

2. it makes most people less decisive, and being decisive is very important
in autox.

having to DECIDE when to give up the brake and get on the gas gets you on
the gas sooner, where all the good stuff happens.  (however, it does nag at
me because sherry, who drives my car very nicely and left foot brakes, can
do some things i cant, still, i always get on the gas sooner and am usually
faster)

on the big track, smoothness is more important than decisiveness (lots of
time to time about stuff).  (left foot braking and clutchless downshifting)

-james (left AND right foot brakes on the road race course, right foot
brakes in autocross)