Re: Good places to do wheel balancing, mounting/dismounting

To: "James Creasy" <james@thevenom.net>, <E911me@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Good places to do wheel balancing, mounting/dismounting
From: Jim Ochi <jim_ochi@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 13:18:21 -0700
Last year, when Mercedes was having an arrive-and-drive at GGF, they used a
tire place on Gilman to do some tire swapping.  They seemed to do a pretty
good job without scraping up the rims.  I think those were at least 17"
wheels, maybe even 18".  Unfortunately, I don't remember the cost for the
work, and I don't remember the name of the place.  I just remember it's the
tire place on the south side of Gilman, between Pyramid and the freeway...
Since I haven't personally used this place, YMMV.

Otherwise, just a short cruise down the freeway is Motorsport Techniques in
Hayward, where Jack Chew would be happy to mount/dismount/balance your tires.

Jim