Re: STS Civic Si for sale...

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: STS Civic Si for sale...
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 11:29:15 -0400

Message text written by INTERNET:Smokerbros@aol.com

"
> I believe that message applies to lots of us with small displacement
> engines. The real question  is: Are you, Mr. SEB member, going to do
> anything about it?"

I owe Mr. C.H. Davis an apology:

As Brother Creasy has pointed out, Mr. Davis' original posting says what
he's going to do about fast courses: He's put his STS Honda Civic Si up for
sale.

Thus any other opinnion I might have offered is in error.

_____________________ ______________________________________________

> Sigh...  Like what?  Make sure we don't have fast courses?  No, I can't
do
> that.  I can however recommend that if someone runs (just an example,
here, I
> don't really know why it comes to mind) in a class with a 1000 lb.
minimum
> and a 2 litre max engine displacement that they not compete in that class
in
> a 948cc car, for fear that they might get their ass kicked...

>>> The situation at Castle threw SCCA's car classifications into a cocked
hat,
>>> to put it politely.

Matter of fact, I wasn't referrring to our car, I was referring to yours!
It's slow. Especially at Castle.
        After the Tour we didn't put our car up for sale just because we
got beat once. Slicks in the rain didn't help. Meanwhile we have removed
ourselves from the sphere of influence called the Prepared Autocross
Committee which has a fixation on 1974 MG Midgets. I.e. if you ain't
driving one you ain't nothin'.

I think your Honda will make somebody a great commuter car.

--John Kelly