Re: Atwater questions

To: "Tibbals, Paul" <PHT1@pge.com>,
Subject: Re: Atwater questions
From: "James Creasy" <james@thevenom.net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 13:56:27 -0700
having driven a mustang with essentially an open diff, i can saw for sure it
is NO FUN to drive a powerful car with no LSD.  you cant get any weight
transfer to the back of car, so you have less than 1/2 the traction.  i
remember coming out of corners that i can hammer in my car, and in the
open-diff mustang with 125 less HP, 1/4 throttle would cause wheelspin.
1/4 throttle is, well, less power to the ground than a miata!  you cant jump
on the gas to get both wheels spinning and drive the rear of the car with
the pedal and the front of the car with the steering wheel, which is the
only way to cowboy those nose-heavy iron juggernauts around the course.

james