Re: Atwater questions

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net, "John J. Stimson-III"
Subject: Re: Atwater questions
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 20:57:26 -0400

Message text written by "John J. Stimson-III"

>>"It is possible to get wheelspin without lifting a drive wheel off the
>>ground.

What you don't say is what kind of tire is installed in the above
circumstance. And if a wheel is spinning and not driving, then it's kind of
useless isn't it? Installing an LSD will not give that corner traction; it
will merely slow down the spin. I'll agree that in that circumstance that's
not a bad thing. <G> But that corner is still not putting power down.

>>I have experienced this as both a driver and a passenger in a
>>few different cars, front and rear wheel drive.  In such
>>circumstances, a limited slip differential does help."

My advice, before spending money on an LSD, fix the lack of power to the
ground problem.
This might mean new tires, adjusting the shocks, adjusting the sway bar(s).

--John Kelly