Re: G-Cube

To: "Chris Warner" <jabrwoky@pacbell.net>, "autox"
Subject: Re: G-Cube
From: "PAUL TIBBALS" <pault151@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 17:15:49 -0700
Chris,
Your writeup sounds like a cool advance in the field.  The G-Cube is several
years old now.   However, I got it and a refurb Palm for $475 total (of
course I had a PC at home).  This unit is like $400 before the PocketPC.
Not knocking it, just that the dedicated racecar acquisition systems start
at around 1000 and that's the true competitor for the MaxQ.

Palm IS low tech, no argument.  Racing on a budget involves trade-offs.  If
they get me a PocketPC with GPS at work like they're threatening, this MaxQ
would suddenly look MUCH more attractive....  :D

Oh, and forgot to mention that runnign the Geez software requires a dongle
on the PC.

Paul