Re: Solo2 sucks!

To: Pat Kelly <lollipop487@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Solo2 sucks!
From: Kevin Stevens <autox@pursued-with.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 12:24:39 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Pat Kelly wrote:

> I relate it to skiing's giant slalom, one car at a time through the
> cones. That makes it easy to understand. A downhill, well, that's much
> faster, and a 'slalom' is too tight and tricky, more like at gymkhana.
> --Pat K

Yes, as a non-skier I was surprised when I saw a giant slalom, and
realized how similar it was.  I was watching with some friends, and they
were surprised at how easy I found it to predict who was heading for
disaster "Nope, late on turn-in, gonna scrub a bunch of speed!".

BTW, when are these downhill guys going to realize that what they need to
win in their sport is some big, fat, athletic guys who can generate some
gravitational horsepower?  Offensive linemen would be perfect!  They'd
have to create a SS class for them!

KeS