Re: Solo2 sucks!

To: autox@pursued-with.net
Subject: Re: Solo2 sucks!
From: "Pat Kelly" <lollipop487@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 12:18:02 -0700
One of the differences is the giant slalom competitors get to predrive
sections at a time, or at least they used to. So you can practice your lines
beforehand. Trouble is, the course is usually much faster when done in one
chunk, and the lines are difficult to hold. Hmmm, not enough adhesion. :)
Wrong tires (er, wax), wrong edges. That kind of thing. It gets almost as
technical as setting up a car, except for the knees. :)
In a downhill, large is better, for some, but being able to cut wind
resistance is very important. That's why you see them 'tuck' to cut that
down. A big person has more to tuck or fold. I never did a downhill, just
way faster than I wanted to go, and too much crap can happen. The results
can be pretty bad.
--Pat K

<bnemy@pacbell.net>, autox@pursued-with.net, 'Anthony Tabacco'
<tony@atarchitects.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net