Re: Crow's Landing

To: ba-autox@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: Crow's Landing
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 15:36:20 -0500

Message text written by INTERNET:Smokerbros@aol.com

"a Vintage race on the runways while we autocrossed
on the tiedown area, "

Nitpicking: While the cars would certainly be "Vintage" today, the race was
an actual Regional Improved Touring event. On hand for that was the
national office's insurance lady and the Competition Board's Frank Eubel,
who then lived in Concord, CA.
Eubel took a radar gun to clock Barry Goldine in Jack Frost's Tui Super
Vee. The radar was aimed at the fastest part of the course and I feared the
mph was going to be quicker than the Solo II max. It was in the middle 60s
and I breathed a sigh of relief.
        That has to be at least 20 years ago.

--John Kelly

--John Kelly